Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript has been read and corrected by a native English speaker.
- The manuscript is between 5,000 and 10,000 words - or a special justification for the additional length is added for the editor's consideration.
- Written, signed permission for copyrighted material has been obtained where necessary.
- Figures are high resolution, and an electronic version is provided; they appear exactly as they should in the journal.
- Tables are embedded at the end of the electronic article file.
- Reference list follows Chicago-style formatting.
- All in-text citations are included in the reference list; all references have in-text citations.
- End notes are grouped on a separate page.
- The paper is prepared according to the Instructions for Authors.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Each section begins on a separate page: title page, abstract, text, appendix(es), notes, references, biographical paragraph, each table, each figure
- Title Page includes all authors’ names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, vacations or other dates when authors might be unavailable and addresses and phone numbers for those dates, and any other pertinent contact information.
- Abstract is around 100–180 words. Keywords (5–10) are given.
The names and e-mail addresses entered in the website of the University of Maribor Press and the Lexonomica will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of the press and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. User data will never be distributed without the explicit permission of the user and, upon request, a user's email address is removed from mailing lists. All data held about the user will be made available to the user upon request.